Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Nodwin Gaming Acquires Germany’s Freaks 4U Gaming

Share post:

Nodwin Gaming, a subsidiary of Mumbai-based Nazara Technologies, has signed agreements to acquire a 100% stake in Freaks 4U Gaming, a Berlin-based gaming and esports agency. The deal, valued at Rs 271 crore (€30.3 million), will be completed through a share swap.

Initially, Nodwin Gaming’s Singapore subsidiary will increase its stake in Freaks 4U Gaming from 13.51% to 57%, with plans to acquire the remaining 43% later. This acquisition aims to boost Nodwin Gaming’s capabilities in PC gaming and games publishing support services.

Strengthening Capabilities and Revenue Growth

The acquisition is expected to significantly enhance Nodwin Gaming’s capabilities and contribute to its future revenues. Nodwin Gaming has been working with Freaks 4U Gaming since acquiring a minority stake in January 2024. They have collaborated on major projects like the PUBG Mobile Global Open and the Esports World Cup (EWC).

By integrating Freaks 4U Gaming’s expertise and resources, Nodwin Gaming aims to deliver top-notch services and expand its global presence in the gaming and esports industries. Akshat Rathee, co-founder of Nodwin Gaming, said, “This acquisition is a pivotal step in our global growth strategy.”

Founders Selling Their Stakes

The founders of Freaks 4U Gaming, Michael Haenisch, Matthias Remmert, and Jens Enders, will sell their stakes as part of the deal. Existing investors of Freaks 4U Gaming, such as Co-Investor Partners, will become shareholders of Nodwin Gaming’s Singapore subsidiary, Nodwin Gaming International Pte. Ltd.

About Freaks 4U Gaming

Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Berlin, Freaks 4U Gaming is a global full-service agency specializing in esports and gaming. The firm offers strategic brand and marketing consultancy, social media and community management, event management, and creative services.

Investing in Mergers and Acquisitions

Nodwin Gaming reported revenues of Rs 427.1 crore in the financial year 2023, up 10% from Rs 388.7 crore in FY22. Freaks 4U Gaming reported revenues of Rs 223 crore (€26.9 million) in 2023. This acquisition is expected to further boost Nodwin Gaming’s revenues and enhance its market position.

Nazara Technologies has also planned to invest $100 million towards mergers and acquisitions over the next 24 months.

Nodwin Gaming’s Recent Acquisitions

Nodwin Gaming has been actively expanding its portfolio through various acquisitions and investments. In January, it acquired Comic Con India for Rs 55 crore to enhance its events portfolio. In February, it expanded its presence in the UAE and Turkey by acquiring Ninja Global FZCO.

In October 2023, Nodwin Gaming’s Singapore unit acquired a 100% stake in game marketing agency Publishme for $2 million. Other notable acquisitions include a 51% stake in Singapore-based live events firm Branded and the gaming IP businesses of OML Entertainment.

Nodwin Gaming’s acquisition of Freaks 4U Gaming marks a significant step in its strategy to enhance its global footprint and strengthen its capabilities in the gaming and esports industry.

Related articles

Dr. Reddy’s Acquires NRT Portfolio from Haleon for Rs 5,275 Crore

Hyderabad-based Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., a global pharmaceutical company, has announced a significant acquisition deal with Haleon plc....

Nazara Technologies to Acquire 28% Stake in Nextwave Multimedia

Mumbai-based gaming and entertainment company, Nazara Technologies, is set to acquire the remaining 28.12% stake in its mobile...